As part of the Japan Festival , the Japan Foundation brings to you a range of events over 3 months across different venues, spread across Delhi.
Everyone is invited and all events are free to attend.
Stein Auditorium, India Habitat Centre, Lodi Road, New Delhi
– 27th October, JAPAN FESTIVAL Opening at 7.00 p.m.
– 28th October, Makoto Kuriya – Creative Jazz Ensemble at 7.00 p.m.
– 29th October, WASABI – A Japanese Traditional Music Concert at 7.00 p.m.
– 31st October, HER MOTHER, Film directed by Yoshinori Sato at 7.00 p.m.
– 2nd – 5th November, ‘Akira Kurosawa Retrospective’ daily at 6.30 p.m.
PVR Theatre Complex, Sangam Courtyard, Sector 9, R.K. Puram, New Delhi
10th – 15th November: Japanese Film Festival
Latest Releases from Japan, daily shows at 2.30 p.m. 4.45 p.m. & 7.00 p.m.
(Film schedule and registration process will be announced shortly.)
Kamani Auditorium, Copernicus Marg, New Delhi
8th December: GOYOKAI at 7.00 p.m.
Traditional Japanese Dance with Kathak and Indian Classical Music
ENTRY is free and open to all
Classical performance by Gaurie Dwivedi and Modern and Folkloric National Ballet Group from Guatemala
Gaurie is an Indian Women Press Corps (IWPC) member and has been learning and performing classical dance from a young age. Adept at two styles Bharatnatyam and Odissi, Gaurie has had the privilege of learning from the doyens of classical dance. Gaurie has performed very widely in India and overseas, including at prestigious venues.